Where water storage is likely to be subject to temperatures below freezing, lagging and heating maybe required.
In areas that,under normal circumstances, have ambient temperatures well above freezing then lagging and trace heating will not be required. In these instances it is the responsibility of the occupier to ensure that the ambient temperature within the building is always kept above freezing.
This is particularly important if the property is left unattended for a long period of time in the winter and we would advise that the heating is left on a ‘frost' setting whilst unoccupied.
Freeze Protection Kits
• Flame-retardant self-limiting heating cable.
• Steel armoured metallic sheath with
minimum electric fields.
• Insulation class I.
• Operating temperature max +50°C.
• Tap warm water should never be higher than +50°C and the self-limiting heating cable should only be energized when there is a risk for freezing, pipe temperature lower than +5°C. The self-limiting heating
cable should be regulated by a thermostat and the sensor installed on the pipe.
• Mechanical strength, armoured class C according to EN60800.
Self-regulating technology - will not overheat.
Pre-assembled heating kits allow simple and effective installation:
Included in the kit:
•Pre assembled Heating cable with integral 2 m tail and snap disk thermostat